How to delete your LinkedIn account - Android Authority
- Created on Tuesday, 10 January 2023 18:10
- Published on Wednesday, 11 January 2023 15:19
- Hits: 3
As popular as LinkedIn might be in the work sphere, there can be plenty of reasons to remove yourself from the social network. Here’s how to delete your LinkedIn account, whether via the web or mobile.
On LinkedIn's website, open the Me dropdown menu, then select Settings and Privacy. Under the Account management section of Account preferences, click Close account, then follow prompts. You'll be asked to enter your password to finalize the process.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to delete your account on the LinkedIn website
It’s relatively simple to close an account via the web, though not necessarily intuitive. Follow these steps:
- On the homepage, open the Me dropdown menu.
- Click Settings and Privacy.
- Under the Account management section of Account preferences, click Close account and follow prompts.
- Select a reason you’re planning to close, then click Next.
- Enter your password when asked, then choose Close account.
How to delete your account in the LinkedIn app
The Android and iPhone process is a close mirror of the web one.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Select Settings, then Account preferences.
- Under Account management, tap Close account.
- Hit Continue.
- Select the reason you’re closing your account and tap Next.
- Enter your password, then tap Done.
What happens when I delete my LinkedIn account?
Completely deleting a LinkedIn account should be a last resort, since if you’ve been using it for job hunting or business networking, you’ll lose all connections, recommendations, and endorsements, not to mention your resume and contact info. Before deletion, you should download a copy of your LinkedIn data to help reconstruct things later.
Yes, if was deleted less than 14 days ago. Just log into the website using your old password, then click Reactivate when the option appears. You’ll get an email asking you to confirm.
Be warned that you’ll still be without your old endorsements, recommendations, and group memberships. Any ignored or pending invitations will be gone, and you’ll have to re-follow any accounts you were tracking.